Chicago Lawyer Locator, Inc. Agreement 517A
This agreement is made by and between Chicago Lawyer Locator, Inc., hereinafter referred to as "Supplier" and __________________________________, hereinafter referred to as "Lawyer".
Supplier is the owner and operator of Chicago Lawyer Locator, an internet directory web site that provides a free lawyer search engine for individuals seeking the services of a lawyer to provide legal services in certain specified areas of legal practice, and area within. Lawyer is a licensed, practicing lawyer or law firm desiring to be listed as a lawyer willing to provide such legal services to clients in the jurisdictions where Lawyer is licensed to engage in the practice of law. Supplier also is the provider of certain Internet Advertising Services designed to increase the number of clients, productivity and income of lawyers who subscribe to the advertising services. Supplier and Lawyer have by this agreement entered into a business relationship for Supplier to provide certain services for Lawyer on the Internet,
NOW THEREFORE, the premises considered and in further consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the parties do agree, represent, promise and covenant as follows:
1. 1. That Supplier will provide to Lawyer the services, goods and material listed on the attached "A-Invoice" which is specifically incorporated herein by reference as though fully set out herein.
2. 2. Lawyer will pay to A ONE TIME YEARLY FEE BASED ON SERVICES PROVIDED. Said payment shall renew for an additional one year term thereafter or continue for a period of 12 months from the date data is made available for public viewing in our data bank. (Unless otherwise noted on invoice contract ends 36 months from dated invoice)
3. 3. Nothing contained herein shall constitute any representation or promise by Supplier that the goods or services provided to Lawyer will result in any guarantee of the number of clients that will use Lawyer to provide legal services for or on behalf of the client or in the amount of legal fees to be generated by Lawyer as a direct or indirect result of the services provided by Supplier.
4. 4. All legal fees generated by Lawyer from clients who have used the services provided by Supplier to lawyer shall be solely the property of Lawyer and Lawyer shall be solely responsible for the negotiation and collection of any fees due to lawyer from clients. In no way shall Supplier be deemed to be a guarantor of any fees due to the Attorney. All legal services to be provided to client shall be solely the responsibility of Lawyer and Supplier shall have fulfilled all of its obligations hereunder by providing the Internet Directory Services to Lawyer. It is understood and agreed that Supplier is not now, nor has it ever, holding itself out as a licensed, practicing Lawyer, nor does Supplier engage in the rendering of legal services to potential clients.
5. 5. Lawyer agrees and covenants that they are licensed to practice law in stated area of practice and in each “ exclusive “ geographical area in which the Lawyer lists a Lawyer “BIO” , Web-site link, Contact Information, and other useful information.
6. 6. Chicago Lawyer Locator Network Inc. holds no legal responsibility for any errors, whether, grammatical, spelling, or any omissions of descriptive services or text.
7. Lawyer may cancel this agreement upon 90 days written notice to Supplier. NO-REFUNDS of any and all payments will be refunded to the lawyer. Furthermore, Lawyer understands and agrees that it will be removed from Supplier's database..
1. 8. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Supplier's, its officers, agents or any one else involved in creating, producing or distributing Supplier's service be liable for any direct, active practice of law. Supplier will link to Lawyer 's website through hypertext links providing Lawyer 's website does not contain, or link to any of the following: (i) Pornographic material of any kind; (ii) Provide material that is grossly offensive, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, or excessive profanity or any obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content; (iii) Sell or promote any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received; (iv) Introduce viruses, worms, harmful code, and/or Trojan horses on the Internet; (v) Display material that exploits, or otherwise exploit, children under 18 years of age; (vi) Contain any content or otherwise infringe in any way or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any third party; (vii) Promote, solicit, or participate in pyramid schemes; (viii) Any content that holds Supplier up to public scorn or ridicule; (ix) Engage in any libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing activity; (x) Disclose any personally identifying information or private information about children or any third parties without their consent (or their parents' consent in case of a minor); and/or (xi) Any content that advocates, promotes, or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups, or individuals or which provides instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence.
2. 9. This agreement includes minor web page maintenance to regular web page (if the services selected by Attorney as shown on the attached exhibit includes the construction of a web site by Supplier for Attorney) over a twelve-month period, including updating links and making minor changes to a sentence or paragraph. It does not include removing nearly all the text from a page and replacing it with new text. If Attorney or an agent of the Attorney other than Supplier attempts updating the Attorney's page(s), time to repair web page will be assessed at the hourly rate, and is not included as part of the updating time. The twelve-month maintenance period commences upon the date the Attorney signs this contract. Changes requested by the client beyond those limits will be billed at the hourly rate of $ 150.00. This rate shall also govern additional work authorized or requested for such services as general Internet orientation education, marketing consulting, editing or modifying web page. Time required to make changes to client-submitted text after the web page has been constructed will be billed at the hourly rate of $150.00 per hour.
3. 10. If Attorney does not supply Supplier complete text and graphics content for all web pages contracted within four weeks of the date this contract was signed, a penalty of $50.00 will become due and payable. If Attorney has not submitted complete text and graphics content within two months after signing of this contract, an additional continuation fee of 10% of the total contract price will also be assessed each month until the website/page is completed.
4. 11. Supplier reserves the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion.
5. 12. Supplier does not warrant that the functions contained in Supplier's services or any web page constructed by Supplier for Lawyer will meet the Lawyer‘s requirements or that the operation of the Supplier's service or Lawyer 's web page will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Supplier's service or any web page constructed by Supplier for Lawyer is with Lawyer. In no event will Supplier be liable to Lawyer or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this service or any web page constructed by Supplier for Lawyer, even if Supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. 13. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
7. 14. Lawyer represents to Supplier and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Supplier for inclusion in web page are owned by the Lawyer, or that the Lawyer has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Supplier and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
8. 15. From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. Lawyer agrees that the Lawyer is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Supplier and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Lawyer's exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
9. 16. Supplier and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.
10. 17. Delinquent bills will be assessed a $50 charge if payment is not received within 10 days of the due date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, an additional 15% penalty will be added for each month of delinquency. Supplier reserves the right to remove web page from viewing on the Internet until final payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, Attorney agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process.
11. 18. This agreement becomes effective only
when signed by Supplier. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement,
Lawyer agrees that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into in
_____________, ___ and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in
12. 19. The agreement contained herein constitutes the sole agreement between Supplier and Attorney regarding the services to be provided by Supplier for Lawyer and any web page to be constructed by Supplier for Lawyer. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this contract will be honored for twelve (12) months after both parties sign this contract.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Supplier and Attorney have executed this agreement on the _______ day of ____________________, 20_____.
Chicago Lawyer Locator, Inc.
By:__________________________________________________ Position: ________________
Agreed and Accepted:
By:_______________________________________________________ Date: ______________